I'm not unemployed anymore - I actually have a very fabulous job as a preschool teacher with the University of Michigan child care centers. But I'm still posting, albeit a little more irregularly, and I don't want to ignore the personal progress I've made since starting this blog by renaming it.

Blog inspiration: I read 48 States in 48 Days by Paul Jury in the summer of 2011. It was fabulous...although he planned way less for his roadtrip than I would have. And at the same time, my lovely Anna was constantly reminding me that our lives were awesome, despite the fact that we didn't have job prospects, new cars, boyfriends/husbands, houses, etc., like so many people we knew. So, in an effort to appreciate my life and the crazy uncertainty that it is, I started writing this blog about the little adventures I have. (And by "writing a blog," I mean "making a list" because I make lists, not narratives.) Even if there isn't a BIG adventure that happens every day, I try to find at least one thing to list :)

Monday, August 26, 2013

The End Is Here...The End Is Beautiful

Dear friends,

Tonight, I am writing my last post as the Adventurous "Unemployed" College Grad.

I know that I haven't updated consistently since I lived in Korea, but this post officially ends my blog. The fact that I don't feel the NEED to write anymore leads me to believe that I'm more able to cope with the changes in my life than I was when I graduated college - which means I no longer need to use this tool to do that. I'm so grateful that I have a record of my life during this transition. I will miss having such great details of everything! But I don't want to write if it feels like work and like I'm always playing catch-up - which is currently how I feel about this project, and how I've felt for about 9 months. I will fill in a few blanks as I can (including posts from my last few days in Korea), but I don't plan to write any more new updates.

The other reason that I feel it is an appropriate time to end this blog is that there are a lot of fantastic things happening right now for me...things I did not have when I started writing:
  • Today, I celebrated 1 year at Towsley! I'm so lucky to enjoy my job so much, to have the opportunity to continue learning about teaching, to work with such amazing and diverse people, and to be located so "close" to most of my friends and family. I'm looking forward to at least 2 more years here and I really appreciate that I can say that with a good amount of certainty.
 

  • I have been in my new downtown Ann Arbor apartment for 10 days and I love it! I'm 400 feet from the Farmer's Market, 2 blocks from Zingerman's, 6 blocks from church, 6 blocks from my favorite places on Main St., 9 blocks from my dance studio, and a 10-minute drive to work. I have a dishwasher, AC, basement storage, space for visitors, and 2 fabulous roommates - and all of my stuff fits perfectly. I hope to stay here until I move out of Ann Arbor :)



  • Tomorrow will be one month with Nate...yes, I, Emily Palmer, officially have my first boyfriend, at the age of 25 - and I'm so excited! He is sweeter to me than all the other guys I've been with put together and I'm learning so much about myself, and who I am with someone else. Whatever way it turns out for us, I'm happy right now and will look back on this time with a big big smile.
  • Finally, N*SYNC performed at the 2013 VMAs. That's all.



So, this is the end. Thanks for reading!

Love, Emily

1 comment:

  1. Yay Boyfriend and Yay N Sync!

    Ishnalllllllllla!!!!

    Rainbows and Butterflies! DML

    ReplyDelete